The philosophy of the Faculty is to prepare students for responsible and useful lives as educated citizens worthy in character and knowledgeable in the practice of Pharmacy with a flair for excellence. To this end, the educational objectives of the Faculty are:
- i. To offer students the opportunity to study pharmaceutical sciences in various departments;
- ii. To conduct undergraduate teaching programme which will provide a University experience. These courses will achieve a close relationship between university experience and industrial practice and will produce a more immediately useful entrant to pharmaceutical pursuits. Besides, such a programme possesses wider educational and social advantages without conflicting with the broader objectives of university education;
- iii. To conduct research over a wide field and to contribute through research, seminars and symposia to knowledge and application of science to pharmaceutical advancement;
- iv. To conduct postgraduate and continuing education programmes;
- v. To render relevant services to the community, and to collaborate with other institutions of Pharmacy and other Research institutes both within and outside the country.